One of the largest sources of untapped funding for nonprofit organizations comes from corporate philanthropic matching gift programs. Corporate matching gift programs match employee donations, usually dollar for dollar, to an eligible non-profit organization, such as The Baby Fold. These programs are becoming a large part of a corporation’s social responsibility initiative. Check with your company's HR team to determine if they have a matching gift program. Here are a few large employers that match gifts for The Baby Fold:
COUNTRY Financial – Illinois Farm Bureau – IAA Credit Union
- Amount: Up to $500 per employee annually
- Who is eligible: Current employees (financial reps/agents not eligible)
- Information: Employees can simply visit their internal benefits page, and search GIVING to find more details (including how to fill out a request form) Specific questions may be directed to
State Farm Companies Foundation
- Amount: Up to a maximum of $4,500 per calendar year (minimum of at least $25)
- Who is eligible: All employees, agents, and retirees
- Information: http://www.cybergrants.com/statefarm/gives.
- Amount: Up to a maximum of $10,000 per calendar year
- Who is eligible: Full and part-time employees, retirees, and board of directors
- Information: http://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/caterpillar-foundation/matching-gifts.html.
Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- Amount: dollar for dollar match (unlimited within budget constraints – minimum of at least $100)
- Who is eligible: Employees and directors
- Information: Employees can locate the most up-to-date matching gift form by searching the company intranet for “matching gifts.”